Wacton Village Hall

 

 

   

Home ~ Facilities ~ Prices ~ Booking ~ What's On ~ Regular Users ~ Links ~ Find Us

 

Administration

Archive

May 2017

April 2017

March 2017

February 2017

January 2017

December 2016

September 2016

July 2016

June 2016

May 2016

April 2016

March 2016

February 2016

January 2016

December 2015

November 2015

October 2015

September 2015

July 2015

April 2015

March 2015

February 2015

January 2015

December 2014

November 2014

October 2014

September 2014

July 2014

June 2014

May 2014

May AGM

 


Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 21st November 2016

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Peter Jacques, Bob Tingley and Peter Reason.

1. Apologies: None; Absent: Rev. Heather Wilcox

2. Minutes of meeting on 12th September were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:

(i) Alcohol Licensing
DB has collated the rules and regulations relating to the issue and has discussed his conclusions with the officer at SNC. He will now seek formal confirmation of his conclusion from SNC and bring the result back to the committee.

(ii) Building Sign-Off
The drain test remains the most significant item still to be completed and it was agreed that it would have to wait until better weather in the new year.

(iii) Hand Driers
CG has yet to make a selection of the most appropriate and affordable model to replace the ineffective models in the Ladies' and Gents' toilets. It is hoped that he and DB can agree a selection before the next meeting.

4. Matters for Consideration:
(i) Grit Bin
PJ has approached SNC for the provision of a bin close to the village hall so that the path and steps up to the building could more easily be kept ice-free, the nearest at present being at the junction of Stratton Road and The Green, some 300 metres distant. It appears that as the VH access is not public highway but private land they are unwilling to make provision. PJ will now clarify their stance on re-filling the existing bins. First impressions indicate that this is no longer a routine undertaken by Highways but down to the Parish Council to arrange and fund.

(ii) Additional External Lighting
Comments have been received informally that some member of Tharston W.I. have fallen while leaving the hall after dark due to the shadow cast by bodies on the lower steps. PR has had confirmation from the Secretary of the group that over the past 15 months there had been 4 instances of stumbles and that elderly members in particular were not confident of their footing. It was decided that we should attempt an improvement and DB offered an unwanted lantern-style street lamp which could be erected on the grass to shed light on the bottom steps. It was hoped this could be erected before the W.I. Christmas party in early December.

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The Acting Treasurer, CG, presented the figures as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15043.03; there is £2506.51 in the current account and £1217.46 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
All the rooms in phase one, bar the kitchen, have now been repainted. A more modest removal of marks on the walls of the main hall will be attempted.

8. A.O.B.
CG has understood that it is the intention of Cllr Worsley to give the X-Box to St. Mary's School. Although it was purchased with money granted to the village hall to run and equip the Computer Club, Trustees were not opposed to this as the equipment had not been used and the club was likely to fold by the new year. However, it was thought wise to make this a formal transfer from our inventory. PR to confirm with HW that she is a school trustee and ask for her to be a go-between.

9. Date of next meeting – 19th December at 19.30pm.
Meeting concluded at 20.25