Village Hall Committee
Minutes March 14th 2016
1. Apologies: None.
2. Present: Calvin, Bob, Peter R, Peter J, Don, Sue, Rev. Heather
3. Minutes of meeting 15th February agreed after various correction
4. Matters Arising: None
5. Matter for consideration
Stream Bank collapse. Discussed use of sandbags, staking or
gabions of stone. Calvin to ask Mike Britch for advice. Probably
not covered by insurance.
Social club progress: Tony Rowson and Sue attending meeting
of interested people on 21st March. Summary of last meeting
points prepared by Peter J and sent to Richard.
Defibrillator training. All in hand Peter R to open up.
WiFi meeting. Numbers keeping up. Sue to get cash to Calvin
6. Correspondence. Email received from WI re a fall off bottom
step. Perhaps yellow
should be scrubbed. Discussed need for more lighting on the
ramp but felt it was sufficient after looking at it.
7. Treasurers report: CO-OP share account yielded £47.58.
main accounts each
contain £15036.56. BACS account has £1118.06 including
grant from SNC.
Savings account has £3349.33.
8. Building progress. Acoustic panels up and effective, making
Some panels left over. Might be used on central hall wall. Loft
hatches need new
hinges. 'Steamy Windows' will be approached over repairs to
bottom hinge of main door. Don to investigate fire resistant
9. A.O.B. Agrees to loan of marquee, chairs and tables free
of charge for Queen's
Sue will be resigning as moving away.
10. Date of Next Meeting: 18th April