Wacton Village Hall

 

 

   

Home ~ Facilities ~ Prices ~ Booking ~ What's On ~ Regular Users ~ Links ~ Find Us

 

Administration

Archive

December 2015

November 2015

October 2015

September 2015

July 2015

April 2015

March 2015

February 2015

January 2015

December 2014

November 2014

October 2014

September 2014

July 2014

June 2014

May 2014

 

Village Hall Committee
Meeting 18 January 2015 at 7.30pm
Minutes
1. Apologies
2. Minutes of meeting 21st December accepted with amendments
3. Matters arising: None
4. WIFI hotspot for Village Hall. South Norfolk Council wants to include opportunities for young people to make use of the hot spot and to use Wacton Village as a Pilot scheme. As we cannot fund or find a youth leader they may do so. The grant may cover an X Box 1 and possibly some laptops. The Adult Computer Club will go ahead. Agreed to charge £3 a session initially as grant will cover costs of WIFI. Savings may be made so that when grant finishes there may be funds to continue. Fortnightly meetings planned, with coffee or tea. SB to write leaflet for distribution in Wacton only initially, posters also needed. CG to contact Kevin re leader for the adult group. Tuesday would be good, or Thursday.
5. Treasurer's Report: Little change. Current account covering annual costs and some outlay on building work is reducing but still has £3012 in it with some more cash due in. CG to calculate annual outgoings on utilities. Agreed to have gas oven checked, care needs to be taken to avoid light fittings being burnt. Peter Jaques may take on Treasurer task at AGM
6. Building Progress. Snagging list.: Hooks on toilet doors and Bird Proofing eaves need attention. Agreed to experiment with available adhesive supplied for acoustic panels and only purchase new if needed as cost is about £540.
7. Possibility of regular Social Evening: Welcomed in principle but Trustees cannot agree unless all costs eg re. licensing are covered. SB to discuss increase in rates at SNC, Don has information about licensed clubs. Friday would be an acceptable evening but clearing up must be done on the night as often let on Saturdays. Discussed having lockable shutters between Office and Salteil room. Agreed to meet February 22 at 7.30 with those wanting set up club.
8. Emergency Items; Kim Plum to be asked to run defibrillator course. PR to fix either evening or Saturday ;Tony Rowson may be able to source “dummy” from SNC.
9. Date of next meeting – 15th February 2016 and 22nd February.