Village Hall Meeting:
Minutes for 19th January 2015 7.30
Present: Calvin Goreham, Vera Cruickshank, Bob Tingley, Peter
1. Apologies: Don Baker, Sue Beare.
2. Minutes of 15th December were agreed and signed after noting
that Chris Hemstock paid the fee in item 3.
3. Matters Arising:
(a) concern was raised over the suitability of Mr Turner for
family viewing on Film Night and it was agreed to check the
certification of the film and make it clear in the publicity
(b) Calvin agreed to remind Mike Britch of his agreement to
make a Norse acoustic engineer available to advise on the sound
problem encountered in the main hall.
4. Matters for Consideration: None
5. Correspondence: None
6. Treasurer's Report: The Reserve Account and Savings Account
both have balances of £15024.35. The Current Account contains
£3971.23 and the BACS Account (for hall hire fees) £122.37.
7. Building Progress: Car Park near completion with posts needing
a second coat of paint and the fixing of reflectors. Outstanding
work includes fixing of Dado in main hall and redecoration of
the gents toilets followed by construction of storage shed when
the weather improves.
8. Fundraising: The Games Night proved popular so it was decided
to arrange another with the favoured date being Saturday 14th
9. New Business: Peter reported that a ramblers club had requested
use of the toilets and the car park on 2nd July for up to 30
cars. He had agreed for a price of 50p per car with marshalling
the responsibility of the club.
10. Emergency Items: None.
11. Date of next meeting: 16th February at 19.30 hrs.
The meeting finished 20.25hrs.