Wacton Village Hall

 

 

   

Home ~ Facilities ~ Prices ~ Booking ~ What's On ~ Regular Users ~ Links ~ Find Us

 

Administration

Archive

September 2016

July 2016

June 2016

May 2016

April 2016

March 2016

February 2016

January 2016

December 2015

November 2015

October 2015

September 2015

July 2015

April 2015

March 2015

February 2015

January 2015

December 2014

November 2014

October 2014

September 2014

July 2014

June 2014

May 2014

May AGM

 

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 19th December 2016

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Bob Tingley and Peter Reason.

1. Apologies: Rev. Heather Wilcox and Peter Jacques

2. Minutes of the meeting on 21st November were agreed and signed after noting that the distance from the hall to the grit bin on The Green was 150 metres rather than 300 as previously recorded.

3. Matters Arising:

(i) Alcohol Licensing
The formal confirmation of DB's conclusions with SNC remain on his personal agenda.

(ii) Building Sign-Off and Hand Driers
No progress

(iii) Grit Bin
Pat Reynolds has offered a wheelie bin-style container for use by the Village Hall to store grit. The offer was gratefully accepted by the committee.

(iv) Lighting to steps
Permanent lighting before the next meeting of TWI is unlikely to be completed but a temporary set-up would be provided.

(v) X-Box
HW was asked by PR to contact the Head of St Mary's School in an attempt to clarify the status of the X-Box. She has confirmed that she had done so but the Head appeared to know little of the possible gift but had agreed to investigate at her end. HW will furnish the committee with further details as they come to light.

4. Matters for Consideration:

(i) Asset List
As part of the discussion of the X-Box it was noted that the List had not been systematically updated since it was compiled by Vera Cruickshank in 2015. Committee to review it and identify subsequent purchases.

(ii) Computer Club
DB reported that the final meeting took place on 15th December. CG reported that the broadband connection would be discontinued on 27th January 2017, although there was interest from the Parish Council in retaining it. It remains for the PC to agree to foot the bill should this interest be sustained. CG to report back.


5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The Acting Treasurer, CG, presented the figures as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15043.52; there is £2290.34 in the current account and £1306.62 in the BACS payments account.

CG related that he had failed to claim expenses in the sum of £114 dating back to 100 club prizes in October and November 2015. The latter was the final month of the club which was treated as the Christmas meeting with double prize money. The committee agreed that the claim was justified and should be paid.

7. Building Progress:
Nothing further to report.

8. A.O.B.

(i) New Year's Eve Party
CG had agreed a fee of £5 per hour for 7 hours between 17.00 and 00.00 on 31st December. As the club had paid for the hall on 18th November, a date they did not use due to the firework display on the Green the day after, the total cost would be reduced by £20. CG had also agreed with the Club that it would pay 50% toward the cost of the Hall's music licence.

(ii) Electricity Bill
CG had received an offer from our supplier, EON, of a reduced rate. The new offer is 27.00p per day and 16.56p per kWh, ex VAT. PR to check price against other suppliers.

(iii) Disclosure of Gifts
PR reported to the Committee the gift of a 729g container of Roses Chocolates for his personal consumption from Tharston Womens Institute.

9. Date of next meeting – 16th January at 19.30pm.
Meeting concluded at 20.45