Wacton Village Hall

 

 

   

Home ~ Facilities ~ Prices ~ Booking ~ What's On ~ Regular Users ~ Links ~ Find Us

 

Administration

Archive

October 2015

September 2015

July 2015

April 2015

March 2015

February 2015

January 2015

December 2014

November 2014

October 2014

September 2014

July 2014

June 2014

May 2014

 


WACTON VILLAGE HALL TRUSTEES
A.G.M. 18th May 2014

Present: Calvin Goreham, Bob Tingley, Peter Reason, Vera Cruikshank, Sue Beare (also as Parish council Rep) Rev. Heather Wilcox (also as Church Rep) Don Baker.
There were 2 members of the public present for the AGM
The minutes of the 2014 AGM were accepted and signed.
Matters arising: Election of trustees: There are 7 trustees and we could have 9. It would be useful to recruit some younger people. We need to keep a place for a Treasurer – Peter to ask Peter Jakes. Vera to see whether one of the Whitings would agree to join. If not Pete to contact people who had hired the Hall to seek help.
Chair Report: Attached. Also attached pie chart showing lettings from Pete.
Draft accounts: were accepted and will be passed to the auditor
Election of Trustees: Sue Beare Proposed and Don Baker seconded that all trustees be re-elected. Passed without dissent.
Election of Officers:
Chair: Calvin Goreham, Booking Clerk: Pete Reason, Secretary: Sue Beare, Temporary Treasurer: Calvin Goreham, Events Co-ordinator: Vera Cruikshank
All elected without dissent.
Meeting closed at 7.45

Village Hall Committee Meeting Monday 18th May 2015

Minutes of Last meeting: 20th April Accepted and signed.
Matters Arising: A) Agreed to accept quote of £500 from aja/w to assess the village hall acoustics. Sue to contact and book visit, Don and Bob to attend. Don to find a copy of plans.
B)rm to follow up Water meter request. C) Date for Ashley George changed to July 11th

Treasurers Report: Copy h/w.
Building Progress: Almost ready to lay concrete pad, more hard core would be beneficial before ready mix. Calvin to check car park is strong enough to support mixer lorry. If not long pipe will be needed. Pete Worrel may be able to help with pouring on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Bird proofing still required when all fledglings flown.
Events: Ashley George evening 11th July advertised well, some tickets sold. Need to sell 25 to break even.
July 19th Family Fun day: Need to get Rounders gear from Hempnall School. Sue . Calvin/Bob to fix BBQ. Charcoal from Calvin /Sue. Consider Music with deck amp etc. Bob has generator
Agreed not arrange further events until early October.

AOB. we need to refresh list of trustees and sign it

Next meeting 22nd June
Meeting ended 8.30pm