Administation ~ Home

 

Administration

 

 

 

 

Archive 2017

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 11th December 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary) and Bob Tingley and 8 members of the public

1. Apologies: Rev. Heather Wilcox, Peter Jacques. Absent: Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer).

2. Minutes of the meeting 20th November were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
The damage and losses from the break-in will be subject to an insurance claim. A representative of Martindales will attend the hall on 13th December to assess the damage to the parish office door.

4. Matters for Consideration:
A discussion took place with representatives of the Social Club about the issue of hall security. The club also had concerns about the state of the kitchen after use by the W.I. who used the hall during the afternoon preceding. This combination is a rare event.

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
In the absence of the Treasurer there was no report.

7. Building Progress:
The replacement rear door has been fitted and the footings for the safety rail to the car park installed.

8. A.O.B. None

9. Date of next meeting – 15th January at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.15

*****************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 20th November 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter Jacques [PJ], Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary),
Bob Tingley and Rev Heather Wilcox

1. Apologies: Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer).

2. Minutes of the meeting 18th September were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
CG had found a local supplier of materials for the handrail who was competitive on price. He will be making a purchase, ready for works to start soon after Christmas.

4. Matters for Consideration:
The break-in at the hall was discussed at length. The lock was changed in the aftermath as a matter of urgency and it was decided to limit the distribution of the keysafe code to an absolute minimum and alter the combination on a regular basis. PJR would look for a carpenter to replace the internal door. CG to examine our insurance policy and discuss further with the trustees.

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
In the absence of the Treasurer there was no report.

7. Building Progress:
The replacement rear door had been Sadolined and was ready for hanging.

8. A.O.B. None

9. Date of next meeting – 18th December at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.15

 

******************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 18th September 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter Jacques [PJ], Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary) and
Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer). Absent: Rev Heather Wilcox

2. Minutes of the meeting 17th July were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
The estimated cost of the materials for the possible handrail to the car park is £400. PJR to contact Tharston W.I. for them to consider the size of their contribution.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The financial position was as follows:
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15049.00; there is £1709.17 in the current account and £2374.35 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
Tony Rowson has offered a redundant fire-door for the external cupboard which CG will view. The upper dado rail is now complete. PJR will trim shrubs overhanging the front bed and PJ will undertake some clearance of the ditch and add flints to the gabions.

8. A.O.B.
PJR to send invoice to Parish Clerk in sum of £500 for the use of the parish office.
CG mentioned that a working party would be clearing the churchyard on 14th October and any volunteers would be welcome.


9. Date of next meeting – 16th October at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.05

*********************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 17th July 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter Jacques [PJ], Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary) and
Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer).

1. Apologies: Bob Tingley

2. Minutes of the meeting 19th June were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
PJR to contact Peter Worrell to see if he was willing to machine the dado rail prior to installation.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence:
Further to the comments received from Tharston W.I. discussed at the June meeting, we agreed to take responsibility for turning the car park lights on and off, meaning that it would always be lit while in use by them. We considered the installation of a hand rail. PJR will contact W.I and propose a meeting to establish the best position to serve our mutual purposes.

6. Treasurer's Report:
The financial position was as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15047.00; there is £1194.65 in the current account and £2135.39 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
CG noted that the steel door mentioned at the last meeting was not suitable for our purposes. We may have to use a normal fire door, suitably treated. The problem of weed growth between the ramp and wall will be solved by clearing and infilling with concrete.

8. A.O.B.
Those Trustees present signed the 2017 details sheet. PR preferred to remain a non-trustee member of the committee.


9. Date of next meeting – 18th September at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.15

***************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 19th June 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Peter Jacques [PJ], Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary), Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer), Rev. Heather Wilcox and Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: None

2. Minutes of the normal meeting and the AGM on 15th April were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
It was clarified that the possible resumption of Film Night was an external initiative and not one that demands action by the committee.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence:
An email has been received by PJR from Tharston W.I. noting that the only substantive reservation they have in continuing to hire the hall for their meetings is the poor lighting between the car park and the hall entrance. The problem will be considered but as the route is an unlit public footpath there is little obvious that the committee could do to improve the position.

6. Treasurer's Report:
The financial position was as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15046.00; there is £1296.37 in the current account and £2015.77 in the BACS payments account. It was decided to transfer £1000 from the BACS to the General account.
Thanks was expressed to the church for the donation of £20 in recognition of the free use of the hall and equipment for the fete on 9th June

7. Building Progress:
The further repair to the toilet has now proved successful. CG noted that he might have access to a steel door to replace the damaged one at the rear of the hall. It was decided to proceed with the fixing of a Dado rail at top of window level in the main hall to enable the hanging of decorations and temporary signs by users without damage to paintwork.

8. A.O.B.
CG provided the committee with specimens of the promotional leaflet started but not completed some months ago. It was approved and he will print a limited number after minor modification for distribWacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 19th June 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Peter Jacques [PJ], Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary), Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer), Rev. Heather Wilcox and Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: None

2. Minutes of the normal meeting and the AGM on 15th April were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
It was clarified that the possible resumption of Film Night was an external initiative and not one that demands action by the committee.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence:
An email has been received by PJR from Tharston W.I. noting that the only substantive reservation they have in continuing to hire the hall for their meetings is the poor lighting between the car park and the hall entrance. The problem will be considered but as the route is an unlit public footpath there is little obvious that the committee could do to improve the position.

6. Treasurer's Report:
The financial position was as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15046.00; there is £1296.37 in the current account and £2015.77 in the BACS payments account. It was decided to transfer £1000 from the BACS to the General account.
Thanks was expressed to the church for the donation of £20 in recognition of the free use of the hall and equipment for the fete on 9th June

7. Building Progress:
The further repair to the toilet has now proved successful. CG noted that he might have access to a steel door to replace the damaged one at the rear of the hall. It was decided to proceed with the fixing of a Dado rail at top of window level in the main hall to enable the hanging of decorations and temporary signs by users without damage to paintwork.

8. A.O.B.
CG provided the committee with specimens of the promotional leaflet started but not completed some months ago. It was approved and he will print a limited number after minor modification for distribution. Related to publicity, PJR is to enquire of the Social Club whether they wish their contact details to be included on the hall website.
Finally, the committee received the resignation of Don Baker who is leaving Wacton for London. He became a trustee in 2014 but prior to that was a committee member and electrician on phase 2 of the building construction. Thanks for his enormous contribution were offered by all the Trustees.


9. Date of next meeting – 17th July at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.15

ution. Related to publicity, PJR is to enquire of the Social Club whether they wish their contact details to be included on the hall website.
Finally, the committee received the resignation of Don Baker who is leaving Wacton for London. He became a trustee in 2014 but prior to that was a committee member and electrician on phase 2 of the building construction. Thanks for his enormous contribution were offered by all the Trustees.


9. Date of next meeting – 17th July at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.15

*****************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 15th May 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Peter Jacques [PJ] Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary), Rev. Heather Wilcox and Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer)

2. Minutes of the meeting on 17th April were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising: None

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The financial position was as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15045.51; there is £1654.67 in the current account and £1874.26 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
The repair to the toilet has not been entirely successful with further leaking apparent. The damaged door to the storage room at the back of the hall will be replaced by Tony Rowson.

8. A.O.B.
The hall will be used on 10th June for an event linked to the fete organised by the Church. It was agreed that the hire fee would be waived. It was agreed that the trestles and any games still fit for purpose could be used at the event.
There was discussion about resurrecting Film Night, this time with food and refreshments on offer. Offers to organise events were welcomed by the committee.

9. Date of next meeting – 19th June at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.25


***********************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 17th April 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter Jacques [PJ] Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary),
Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer) and Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: Don Baker and Rev. Heather Wilcox

2. Minutes of the meeting on 20th March were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
(i) X-Box
CG has received an email from SNC confirming that the VH has no further responsibility for the X-Box and it has been removed from the VH Asset Register.
(ii) Gents' Toilet
The breakdown of the bill from Stratton Flooring for the supply and laying of the vinyl covering has been received and the materials cost was significantly higher than anticipated. PJR will question the company again but if they stand firm there is no option but to pay up.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The Treasurer, PR, reported that the final bill for the BT broadband service to the VH has been revised down by £30. The service is now the responsibility of the Parish Council.

The financial position was as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15045.51; there is £1654.67 in the current account and £1874.26 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
The Asset register is now complete, as is the closure of the eaves. A start has been made on boarding the grass banks to the disabled bay.

8. A.O.B. None

9. Date of next meeting – AGM 15th May at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.00

***********************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 20th March 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Don Baker, Peter Jacques [PJ] Peter J. Reason [PJR] (Secretary),
Pat Reynolds [PR] (Treasurer), Bob Tingley and Rev. Heather Wilcox

1. Apologies: None

2. Minutes of the meeting on 20th February were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
(i) X-Box
No letter from SNC confirming that the VH has no further interest in the X-Box has yet been received. PR to meet the responsible officer to conclude the matter.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
PR reported that two lump sum rate payments were due to SNC, the first for the current financial year from the date Social Club received its alcohol licence and the second for the new year starting in April.

He presented the bank accounts as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15045.05; there is £1874.49 in the current account and £1554.10 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
The repairs to the gents' toilets is now complete and there has been good progress on the compilation of the inventory. The closure of the eaves to prevent ingress of wildlife remains outstanding. It was noted that the rear door had been damaged beyond repair in the recent gales. It would be made as secure as possible pending the provision of a metal door by the parish council which will be storing some equipment therein.

8. A.O.B.
It was noted that the Social Club has paid £27 to cover the running of their refrigerator.

9. Date of next meeting – 17th April at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.00

***************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 20th February 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter J. Reason (Secretary), Pat Reynolds (Treasurer),
Don Baker, Peter Jacques, Bob Tingley and Rev. Heather Wilcox

1. Apologies: None

2. Minutes of the meeting on 16th January were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:
(i) X-Box and Broadband
SNC has taken ownership of the X-Box and the involvement of the Village Hall Trustees is at an end. PR to ask for a letter or email confirming that this is the case for our records. Responsibility for the broadband service has been taken over by the Parish Council

(ii) Electricity Supply
Extra Energy will take over the supply from E.on on 23rd February at the expiry of the
contractual 30-day notice period.

4. Matters for Consideration: None

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The Treasurer, PR, presented the figures as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15044.54; there is £2114.50 in the current account and £1484.94 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
A long standing leak has been found in the waste from the gents' toilet which has rotted the boarding below the vinyl covering. Repairs have successfully been made and we are waiting for replacement covering to be fitted before re-fixing the pan.

8. A.O.B.
PJ has been contacted by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust for a Water Vole/river bank update, and he has informed them that no further remedial work will take place this year.

DB expressed concern about potential damage to the telephone line as it passes through the branches of the cherry tree on the north lawn. It was agreed to do some pruning at the appropriate time for Prunus species – summer.

9. Date of next meeting – 20th March at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.00

*****************************************************

Wacton Village Hall Trustees
Minutes of Meeting on 16th January 2017

Present: Calvin Goreham (Chair), Peter James Reason (Secretary), Peter Jacques and Bob Tingley

1. Apologies: Rev. Heather Wilcox and Don Baker. It was proposed by CG and seconded by PJ that Pat Reynolds should join the committee and that he should take on the post of Treasurer. This was approved unanimously.

2. Minutes of the meeting on 19th December were agreed and signed.

3. Matters Arising:

(i) X-Box and Computer Club
CG has been approached by SNC to report on how successful the club had been and the reasons for its termination. The opportunity will be taken to clarify the status of the X-Box and to that end PR will visit the SNC offices and speak directly to the officer involved with Governance.

(ii) Asset List
The present list dates from 2011 and is consequently incomplete and also shows no valuations. It was decided that a weekend working party would devote its time to the compilation of an up-to-date register

(iii) Electricity Supply
An agreement to transfer supply to Extra Energy from Eon has been finalized. This will occur on 29th January.

4. Matters for Consideration:

(i) New Year's Eve Party
This hire had been unsatisfactory for the Village Hall. The club had booked 6 hours but including preparation time and clearing up had been in occupation for at least 20 hours. They have been told that any future hire will be charged at regular prices. Note was also made of the damage to the floor caused by the mobile disco and the residues left by the tape used to secure the flex. Much time had been spent by trustees since to remove it with only partial success.

5. Correspondence: None

6. Treasurer's Report:
The Acting Treasurer, CG, presented the figures as follows;
the two deposit accounts each contain a total £15044.03; there is £1972.74 in the current account and £1416.78 in the BACS payments account.

7. Building Progress:
The new lantern at the bottom of the access steps has now been fully installed and the carpet tiles in the Saltiel Room have been cleaned.

8. A.O.B. - None

9. Date of next meeting – 20th February at 19.30pm.

Meeting concluded at 20.30